NOTE 2020: The Daily Squeeze has been sold. It’s now Cruize Espresso.
“Oh look! The café is named after me!” The Main Squeeze is jubilant!
So am I when we check it out!
Firstly, Daily Squeeze is inviting, facing north to soak up the sun. With counter and bench seats crafted from the recycled Old Tweed River Wharf, the café emanates the warm glow of timber and white-washed brick, offset with jars of preserves giving it a ‘Country Life’- style feel; welcoming, light-filled and comfy.
The café’s cheeky slogan ‘Get fresh at your local’, talks health-conscious heaven without going over the top. It’s simple, honest to goodness real food that loves you back; the best of fresh, local and organic at ‘local’ prices.
There’s a great attitude to food at Daily Squeeze: it’s for everyone, anytime, so menus run all-day long. Food preferences and intolerances are catered for with symbols, and meals can be tweeked to order.
As a scratch baker, owner Cheryl Bench’s food philosophy is simple: “If your grandmother can’t understand the label, don’t have it!” Fresh juices, fresh food is the name of the game.
Cheryl shares with us her recipe for delicious muffins that everyone can eat:
1 ½ cups frozen blueberries
1 ¾ cups gluten-free flour
¼ cup almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup white sugar
1 cup almond milk
¼ cup vegetable or coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease a Texas muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, coat blueberries with a little gluten-free flour and set aside.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in another bowl, then fold through the blueberries.
- Divide mixture into muffin tins and bake for 20 – 25 mins until golden.
- When cook, top with blueberry chia jam.
Blueberry Chia Jam
3 cups frozen blueberries
¼ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup chia seeds
- Place blueberries into a pan with coconut sugar and heat over low heat until berries are soft.
- Add chia seeds, a squirt of vanilla paste and a squeeze of lemon juice and cook over low heat until thick.
Daily Squeeze Café, 37 Musgrave Ave., Chirn Park Ph: 07 5532 8883